Thursday, September 3, 2009

My New BFF and Air Conditioning

Ok so I hate to disappoint you but I don’t have a new best friend nor do I have air conditioning, but I do have 2 things that come very close. My TomTom and a new fan. TomTom, my gps, is perhaps the greatest item I brought on this trip. It is far better than any map or tour books. While he is not perfect, he allows me to navigate easily from wherever I am to wherever I want to go without any trouble! He talks to me and tells me which way to go. It is impossible to get lost because if I make a wrong turn it just gives me a new route to my destination. Basically like I said before it is the greats thing ever, and if you are travelling anytime soon you should acquire one too!

In case you did not pick up of the fact that it is very hott here and I don’t have AC, it is and I don’t. I do however, now have a fully functioning fan. After a lot of searching, a very Under the Tuscan Sun shopping adventure, and some assembly without the proper tools I now have a fan that has cooled my apartment down tremendously. My two roommates from KU, Theresa and Stacy, arrived today and they plan to purchase a fan very soon as well. So basically I feel as though my apartment is now air conditioned!

For those of you wondering what an Under the Tuscan Sun shopping adventure is I encourage you to rent the movies. In short I speak basically no Italian, and the people at the store spoke basically no English, but after a lot of gesturing and grunting I managed to purchase a fan!

I had this whole long blog with my days adventures and lots of photos planed but the internet is less than reliable right now so it will have to wait until it gets fixed. Over all I am having a great time and am very happy to be here.

Tammy dont worry you could never be replaced, esp by a machine!

1 comment:

  1. Sending you cool thoughts and praying for a cold front. Take care! Love you a bunch!! Mom

    ReplyDelete

de: http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/facelift/pookiebannercopy.jpg

background