Monday, September 14, 2009

First Day of Class

Today was the first day of real class. It feels like I have been here way to long to just now be starting class. To refresh your memory I arrived 2 weeks ago today. Class went well. I am taking two class. Art and Historic Preservation (AHP) meets on Monday and Wednesday and Architecture of the Roman City meets on Tuesday and Thursday. Class begins each day at 9 and end somewhere between 11:30 and 12:30. They arent to picky when it comes to time over here. AHP is taught by two different profesors. On Monday we focus on Historic Preservation with won of the worlds leading historic preservationist, and on Wednesday we focus on Art Culture. My professor on Wednesday might be one of the smartest people I know. He knows something about every piece of art in every building we walk into. His array of knowledge is truely amazing. Tommarrow I will learn more about my archtecture of city class. I know that it involves a lot of sketching. While I am not a good sketcher now I have been told that I will come back amazing!

Overall I think my classes are going really well. I have afternoons free while everyone else in my program is in studio. I think I am going to really enjoy this time. It will allow me to do what I want with out having to worry about what others want to do or where they might want to go. I plan to use the timeto sketch tour other parts of the city and revisits museums that we saw in class.

I am begining to try and plan the different weekend trips I want to take. There are so many places. It is going to be a great semester but it is going to fly buy!

1 comment:

  1. Megan,
    Sounds like you are having a very interesting
    time. We love hearing from you. Thursday,
    we are going to fly to Boston. Will be there
    until 9/22.
    Love, Nana and Pop

    ReplyDelete

de: http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/facelift/pookiebannercopy.jpg

background