Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Life's Simple Pleasures and a Boy Named Jake!

So every year kamp makes me grateful for the simple pleasures in life. I realized as I pulled into kamp last week that we are way too plugged in and attached to our gadgets. In order to get out of my car at kamp I had to unplug and turn off a cell phone (that is basically a computer), a GPS, and an I Pod. It is just crazy how I feel that I need all of those things and wouldnt dare go anywhere without them. While at kamp I don't have any of them, I am perfectly happy, and get my just fine. It really does make me wish we could all just live life a little simpler, without being plugged into 1, 2, or 3 electronic devices all day everyday.

Now for the boy named Jake. Jake has been the highlight of kamp so far. Yesterday we started Term 8 at K-Seven. At the pool party Jake decided that he wanted to go down the Zimmy Shimmy. The Zimmy Shimmy is a talk, steep, white water slide like the ones you find in a water park. I was working the flag at the bottom of the slide while another counselor, McKayla, was sending kids down at the top. When Jake got to the top of the slide he got scared and didn't want to go. To make a long story short. After nearly 45 minutes, 2 other counselors, and watching about 30 other kids go down the slide Jake closed is eyes and let the counselors put him on the slide and send him down. When Jake got to the bottom he came out of the water with a giant smile on his face and couldn't stop telling is counselor how great it was. It is kid like Jake that make my job fun.

For the Kingdom! For the Kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

de: http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/facelift/pookiebannercopy.jpg

background