Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fall is Back in Fayetteville...

...and I wont be there to enjoy it! Kamp is over and I am spending a few days in Fayetteville before heading on to Memphis. As I drive through Fayetteville I can just feel the buzz of fall, and while I am excited to be going to Rome, it makes me want to stay here! I love this place. I love the people, the town, the atmosphere, the football, the restaurants, the Dickson Street, the University, my church, and everything else that is great about North West Arkansas. But I know that it is only a matter of time (only a few short years if I have my way) until I return here to live. I can think of no other place I would rather call home and raise a family than Fayetteville, AR.

God has blessed me with an amazing summer. He has used the summer to confirm in both my heart and my head that I want to work in Student Affairs the rest of my life. I loved the internship that I did the first half of the summer. I got to see the business side and the people side of Student Affairs and loved every minute of it. Then I had the opportunity to serve in a leadership role at kamp where I served as a UC. As a UC one of my primary jobs was to work with the counselors by serving them and helping them to do there job better. This further affirmed that I love helping people succeed and feel successful.

That's all for now. T-Minus 18 days till Rome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

de: http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/facelift/pookiebannercopy.jpg

background